Má tá suim agaibh sa deis seo, mholfainn go mór daoibh cur isteach air:
If anybody is interested in this opportunity, I would strongly recommend that they apply!
GRANTS AVAILABLE FOR US IRISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS TO STUDY IN IRELAND
The Gaeltacht Summer Awards are Now Open for Applications
Please share this email widely with your friends and colleagues who are Irish language learners in the U.S.!
Due April 30th, 2013.
What are the Gaeltacht Summer Awards?
It is an opportunity for Irish Language Learners in the U.S. to spend two to six weeks studying Irish in the Gaeltacht.
The grants are sponsored by the Department of Arts, Heritage, & Gaeltacht Affairs, the National Lottery of Ireland, and the Ireland-United States Commission for Educational Exchange.
What does this grant offer?
The grants are available to U.S. citizens or naturalized U.S. citizens currently living in the U.S. to study Irish language in the Gaeltacht.
The grant includes tuition and room and board, as well as registration on the course. Successful applicants must pay their own travel and living costs.
Please note that this is not a Fulbright Award, but a grant from the Ireland-United States Commission for Educational Exchange.
Who can apply?
Applicants must be:
– U.S. citizens or naturalized U.S. citizens currently living in the U.S.
– Enrolled in Irish language courses in the U.S. and have completed at least one year or Irish language instruction or teaching the Irish language in the U.S. for more than one year.
– Be able to participate in the program in its entirety (two to six weeks in the Gaeltacht).
Preference will be given to applicants who:
– Are currently enrolled on a for-credit course in a recognized U.S. higher education institution as part of their undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
– Have not participated on a Gaeltacht course in Ireland before.
How to Apply
– Confirm you are eligible.
– Email email@example.com for an application and reference forms.
– Submit full application by deadline of April 30th, 2013, consisting of application form (all applicants), scanned copy of transcript (student applicants only), CV/resumé (teacher applicants only), and all references must be submitted directly from the referee by the closing deadline (all applicants).